First, I would like to take this time to thank Orvin for his last 7 years as the President of BBSRC.
As you’re new President, I would like to thank all my fellow club members for having the confidence in me to be your next President. I have enjoyed going to the meetings, getting to know all of you, and look forward to the coming year.
People have asked me why I metal detect. Here are my top 5 reason for metal detecting.
5. A metal detector does not require much closet space.
4. Metal detectors function normally every day of the month.
3. A metal detector will never ask, “Does this new accessory make me look fat?”
2. A metal detector does not care if you go right to sleep after you use it.
1. A metal detector will never ask you to put down the toilet seat, mow the yard, empty the dish washer, take it out to dinner, or to get a real job.
Boy, this list could land me in some hot water!
Thank you for giving me the honor to serve as the 2014 President of the BBSRC; I hope we all have a happy, healthy, and safe year.